Last modified: November 21, 2021
This policy describes the types of information Whole Oats Enterprises, LLP and the recording group Hall & Oates (collectively, “Company” or “We”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.hallandoates.com (the “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy;
- When you interact with our social media pages and/or accounts (which use is also subject to the privacy policies of the service provider upon which such page or account is hosted);
- When you register for an account; and/or
- When you sign up for one of our newsletters or mailing lists.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including but not limited to our All Access Club site, our merchandise store, and websites operated the individual members of Hall & Oates or our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under sixteen (16) years of age. The Website and the services, content, information and programs provided or made available on and/or through the Website may not be accessed or used by any individuals that are not at least 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and other Countries
We are based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Website, or otherwise providing information to use, you consent to collection, processing, transfer and storage of information about you in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy law may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to the law in your country of residence. Please use the contact information below if you have a question or concern about the policies or manner in which we treat your personal information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies); and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website (This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or signing up for one of our newsletters or mailing lists. We may also ask you for information when you enter a giveaway or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us;
- Information provided through email, text message, and postal mailing list sign ups;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website; and/or
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites and online services should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard for responding is established, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, but are not limited to:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
By way of example but not limitation, the application providers listed below may serve certain content or applications on the Website. You may visit these providers’ webpages directly to find out more information about how they collect and use your information.
- AEG Presents – www.aegpresents.com
- Facebook API – www.facebook.com
- Google Analytics – google.com
- MediaMath Inc. – www.mediamath.com
- ShareThis – www.sharethis.com
- Twitter – twitter.com
- YouTube – www.youtube.com
- Bubble Up – https://www.bubbleup.net/
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry);
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us;
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses;
- To send you technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including promotions, targeted offers and ads through our Website, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law);
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To sites or organizations owned or controlled by one or more individual members of the group Hall & Oates, including, but not limited to johnoates.com or lfdh.com;
- To our All Access Club and merchandise webpages;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred (a “Business Transfer”);
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
We do not currently rent or sell your personal information to any third parties; however, your personal information may be sold in the event of a Business Transfer as discussed above.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by emailing your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Whole Oats Enterprises, LLP